Providing The Strong, Skilled Advocacy You Deserve
Grant Frankfurt is board certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. His primary focus of practice is family law, which includes divorces, child custody litigation, adoptions, and preparing premarital and postnuptial property agreements. Mr. Frankfurt also represents clients facing criminal charges.
Mr. Frankfurt was born and raised in Dallas, Texas, and graduated from St. Mark's School of Texas in 2005. He attended the University of Oklahoma, obtaining a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology, with Distinction, while also minoring in Political Science and History. He completed his undergraduate studies with Distinction in three and a half years. While at OU, Mr. Frankfurt served as an elected student congress representative, interned for a United States Congressman in Washington, D.C, and interned with financial crimes special agents at the United States Secret Service, where he closely worked on federal criminal investigations. Mr. Frankfurt also completed the police academy at Eastfield College and was certified in administering the standardized field sobriety tests that police officers use in DWI investigations.
Mr. Frankfurt attended Emory University Law School in Atlanta, ranked as a top-twenty law school by U.S. News & World Report. He finished his law degree at the University of Oklahoma College of Law, where he was on the dean's list each semester. Mr. Frankfurt also had the privilege of working for one of the most prominent criminal defense firms in Dallas during law school, where he assisted attorneys on DWIs, criminal appeals, and federal criminal cases.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Frankfurt worked for a firm that concentrated on family law and civil litigation. In his first year of practice, Mr. Frankfurt participated in three jury trials. He then went to work for a real estate development company, where he gained experience in real estate transaction law. However, Mr. Frankfurt missed practicing trial law and practiced with a firm in downtown Dallas that concentrated on family law and commercial litigation. Although Mr. Frankfurt gained invaluable experience, he left in 2015 to start his own practice focusing on the two areas of law he is passionate about, family law and criminal defense.
Mr. Frankfurt has worked with some of the top DWI and criminal defense attorneys in Dallas, worked for a large and prestigious family law firm where he handled complex property divisions and custody matters, and regularly attends advanced family law and criminal defense seminars. He has spent considerable time representing clients in the family and criminal courts across the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Mr. Frankfurt is licensed to practice in Texas courts and the federal courts in the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas. He enjoys following college sports, fishing, hunting, and playing tennis. His wife, Dr. Heather Frankfurt, is a veterinarian in Dallas.
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: Dean's List
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma
- B.A. - 2009
- Honors: President's List
- Honors: Dean's List (Every Semester)
- Honors: Sociology Honor Society
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Criminology
- Minor: Political Science and History
- Texas, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2014
- United States Congressman in Washington, D.C.
- State Bar of Texas, Member, 2012 to Present
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- Collin County Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member, 2022 to Present
- Texas DWI Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to Present